Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Path to Freedom by Lisa Pietsch


Title: The Path to Freedom
Author: Lisa Pietsch
Publisher: Sapphire Blue Publishing
ISBN: 978-1-93465-06-5
Genre/Theme: Suspense/Contemporary
Length: 263 pages
Review:
Sarah Stephens truly didn’t think her life could get any worse. She had spent her life fighting to get to where she was now, and in the blink of an eye everything was gone. Dealt one blow after another she realized she had finally hit rock bottom. Her Air Force career was over, all because she’d failed one to many weigh-in’s. Her relationship, history for reason’s she’d much rather forget. Thinking she had no other choice she enrolled in a mysterious ‘boot camp’ for over weight, hoping to loose the pounds, and hopefully to get her life back on track.
Sarah got more than she’d bargained for, she got a second chance. Recruited a special ‘black ops’ group spins her life in a new direction, and she finds her self-having to make a choice between two things she really loves. Her job or the man she loves, who just happens to be her boss.
This is an awesome story; I instantly felt a kinship with Sarah. She has a solid determination to make her life her own. She’s a strong woman with views I respect; I love her ‘I belong to no one but myself attitude’. Lisa Pietsch does a wonderful job keeping her readers entertained. She writes with a wit that will have you laughing at the antics and begging to know more. She makes her character believable. I absolutely loved the characters, every one of them carried their own personality, Sarah is someone many can connect with and the bad girl in us would like to be. Vince, whew, all I could think is ‘I want one’. This one had me feeling protective and protected at the same time. The over all story is truly a work of art. It was defiantly worth reading and gives it two smacks. While I would add it to my read again pile, in the end I felt a little let down. I was hoping in that all that built up sexual frustration would blow the top off. I would defiantly recommend this book to someone, the story line is great and it is full of a wonderful cast of characters, and I can’t wait to read the next one.
Rating: 2 smacks
Heat Level: Sweet/some spice
Reviewer: Stephanie Mayfield

1 comment: