Wednesday, September 30, 2009

When the Bough Breaks by Miss Mae


Title: When the Bough Breaks
Author: Miss Mae
Published date: October 12, 2009
ISBN: 978-1-936167-01-2
Genre/Theme: Young Adult
Length: 194 pages
Darlene Moore's reason for shunning Parker Shane has nothing to do with his reputation of being a playboy. She even dates him before the death of her mother forces her to move away. After a two-year absence from Dalesville, she returns home to find Parker exchanging wedding vows with her sister. Two months later, her sister dies.

Danger and questions a plenty barrage Darlene with the deadly speed of a six-shooter. Who called down a representative from a Washington agency? Who later assaulted him? Who attacked Darlene at her friend's apartment? And will Parker's scandalous brand of playboy be changed to one of murderous culprit? Or, in the moment of Darlene's greatest need, might he become her rescuing knight?

This was such a sweet and charming read. I really enjoyed the story. The characters were strong and encouraging. The characters clicked from the moment they met. The author, Miss Mae has a unique style, one I haven’t seen in a while. I have a feeling readers are going to grab her books up as if they were going out of style. The mystery with the plot is unlike any other. You think you know what is going to happen next, but you will be surprised to see where the plot of this story takes you next. I got so lost within the pages of this novel. I started it and I couldn’t wait to finish it. The drama is intense, but not overwhelming. It’s a great story and would I would definitely recommend to my family and friends, especially my teenage nieces. You should read this story, don’t be fooled by it being in the young adult genre. It is a book even the most mature of us can relate to and love.

Rating: 4 Flames
Heat Level: Sweet
Reviewer: Holli Winters

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for the wonderful review, Holli! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Mae--I know how pleased you are with this review! Congratulations on it, and the fact that "The" Mistress Bella reviewed your book. Celia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Celia, for coming by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great review! I'm sure it's as good as Miss Mae's other great books I've read and I can't wait to settle in and read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful review. Congratulations Miss Mae!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, thanks Dani and Anne! You guys are swell! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations MM, this is a wonderful review and I can certainly agree that all ages, from teen upward will enjoy this. You know how much I love this book and I'm sure it's going to be as popular with your readers as your others.

    ReplyDelete