Saturday, August 22, 2009

The One That Got Away by Kathryn Gerbert


Title: The One That Got Away
Author: Kathryn Gerbert
Publisher: Wild Horse Press
Published date: April 28, 2009
Genre/Theme: Contemporary Romance
Length: 64 pages
Buy Link
Author’s Website

Review:

Jennifer found herself on a plane, on her wedding day, ALONE! Though her wedding day didn't go as planned, there is a certain someone who felt it necessary to keep her company on her "all alone honeymoon". Enter Jared, an old boyfriend who has never stopped having feelings about Jennifer, but another man is NOT what she had in mind. Will Jennifer give Jared one more chance?

Oh my gosh, I loved how this story started out! I would be shocked to see any old boyfriend of mine next to me, on a plane, bound for a honeymoon I had to take alone! This was such a fun story that I am so glad I spent a few hours of my afternoon reading. I laughed when I read the part about her waiting to see if Ashton Kutcher would be popping out of somewhere! The characters were those I could easily relate to and I loved how persistent Jared was. Kudos to the author for not making the heroine a skinny minny model type!

I have never read anything by Kathryn Gerbert before and I enjoyed reading The One That Got Away. The storied just flowed at the perfect pace with the perfect balance of drama and humor! I wish I could give this story a higher rating than the highest that we have. I highly recommend this book to ANYONE who loves a fun-filled charming read. The One That Got Away is a book that proves that love doesn't always happen when we think it will. I so wish that this story was longer! Hey, maybe we can convince Ms. Gerbert to do a sequel? I am not above begging!

Rating: 5 smacks
Heat Level: Spicy
Reviewer: Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment