Thursday, July 30, 2009

Awakening Allaire by Margie Church





Title: Awakening Allaire
Author: Margie Church
Publisher: Class Act Books
Published date: August 1, 2009
ISBN: 1-935048-19-8
Genre/Theme: Contemporary Suspense
Length: 308 Pages
Buy Book Here
Author’s Website

Review:
Allaire West seemed to have it all with her marriage to Jeff West but then something went very wrong. His name was Devon Mercer and he was drop dead gorgeous and very, very attentive. After a very brief affair, Allaire gives birth to twins and tries to pass them off as Jeff's. When the truth comes out, all hell breaks loose and Allaire finds herself alone with two beautiful babies. As time goes on, Devon offers Allaire and the babies a place to stay - with him. Per her rules, it's strictly platonic until one day Allaire decides she's tired of platonic and secretly attends Devon's Halloween bash. After professing her love for Devon, the situtation gets intense as Allaire is kidnapped, forced to endure cruel punishment that includes starvation, isolation and drug addiction. Devon will do all that is necessary to get his beautiful Allaire back AT ANY COST! But really, can life return to normal if Allaire does make it back into his life? What ugly forces will they have to deal with if they are reunited?

A book shelf keeper! An exciting romantic thriller involving a rich, famous and very powerful family! Awakening Allaire is, simply put, one of the best romantic suspense books I HAVE EVER READ! It honestly takes a genius to figure out the ending and no, I am not a genius and was in shock almost the entire book. From the scorching description of Devon to the helplessness and desperation Allaire feels during captivity, the emotions this book evoked in me were plentiful. One minute I was laughing, the next, crying and the next, gasping at the turn of events. Ms. Church has written a jaw-dropping, spine tingling book that barely slows down long enough to catch your breath. A sensual read, it is the powerful conflict and thrilling suspense throughout the Awakening Allaire which really stands out. It is a book that captures your attention and refuses to let go of your senses. A brilliantly talented writer, I find the writing style of Ms. Church to be electrifying and very convincing. The characters endured pure hell as well as pure heaven and I enjoyed every bit of my stay with them. The strong bond between Devon and Allaire made me continue to hang on to the hope that they would both make it out of their troubles with their relationship intact. The plot was stunning, very solid and was laced with intrigue and suspense. I held my breath when Allaire was being tortured and Ms. Church painted a remarkably vivid picture of her torture. I my heart ached for both Allaire and Devon. Honestly, I can't say enough about Awakening Allaire other than you will not want to miss this book. It is an exceptional read that people will be talking about for a long time to come. Any book by Ms. Church is now an automatic add to my keeper shelf! I hear there is a sequel to Awakening Allaire called Avenging Allaire that will be out soon. You can count on me being one of the first in line to get my hands on it.

Rating: 5 SMACKS!
Heat Level: Spicy
Other: m/f
Reviewer: Elizabeth

3 comments:

  1. Lovely review, Margie. Makes me want to rush out and read this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, EA and Elizabeth! I hope you enjoy reading it. It's nice to have everything all in one place and I love the link to my website!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The glowing reviews will keep coming - the book is as fantastic as the author. What little I have read of the book took me through such a huge range of emotions, I can hardly wait for my copy to arrive. We are very proud of your accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete